Sunday, June 3, 2007

south africa, july 2007!

finally-- after months of waiting, i received the email for my invitation to south africa!! my job title is primary teacher training resource volunteer. the program that i am involved in is called the school & community resource project. basically i will be assisting teachers in math, science & english by suggesting different techniques & innovative ways of teaching strategies. i will also help support government & non-government organizations to promote HIV/AIDS awareness & education. another aspect of my position is to integrate families within the community and strengthen the bond between them & the school.

i leave july 16 for staging--which is basically a 3-day orientation. i then fly to s. africa july 19 to a community i will live in for 3 months to grow accustomed to my new environment. i will learn new languages, meet other peace corps volunteers (pcv's), receive intense training on my new position and begin adjusting to a whole new way of life. my actual start date of my program is september 13, 2007 and goes through september 13, 2009.

i don't know the exact location of where i will be in s. africa--as i still need to call the pc headquarters and accept the position (which i will do first thing monday morning!!)

until then--

warmest regards.

3 comments:

rooz said...

HEY! Congrats on your assignment... I am looking into the peace corps as well and I just stumbled upon your page while I was procrastinating studying for my finals... either way I wish you well and I am looking forward to reading what you have to say in your blogs.

Take care.

CthEWorld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rocky Moutain Tech Team said...

way to go weeds