Tuesday, May 1, 2007

waiting

it was mid-september and it hit me. i am not ready to go to vet school, med school or any other sort of graduate school for that matter. i was not ready to ground myself here. i knew that there were so many more faces of the world i have yet to see. so many more challenges i was ready to take on. i started my application september 20, 2006. i submitted my application october 23, 2006. i was nominated november 17, 2006. i had my dental and medical exams. i mailed my fingerprints and information for my background check. this was all complete by january 10, 2007. now it is in the hands of the placement officers. when will i leave? where will i live for the next two years? i can not wait to be a volunteer for the peace corps. i enjoy partaking in humanitarian deeds & sharing my wealth of kindness with anyone willing to accept.

let me tell you this waiting part of the nominee program is difficult. i think i could be one of the top 5 most impatient people of the world (ask jeff langer at the pet apothecary--he'll tell you all about it!). so as i sit here and wait for my assignment, i make the most of my time by spending it with family and friends--preferably at miller park watching the brewer's game, but anywhere will do.

as my process continues on, i will keep you posted as often as i can. hopefully you will enjoy listening to my stories along the way as much as i enjoy sharing them with you.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.